Popup Dungeon is an action, role-playing and strategy game for PC released by Humble Games in 2020. Fight on paper!
Popup Dungeon PC game 2020 overview:
This game is a tactical RPG with a papercraft aesthetic and X-Com-like combat mechanics, plus a resourceful creator / editor that’s so robust that you can create literally anything.
In addition to being able to use the assets that the game already has within it (which is no small feat), you can create or download (via the Workshop) any type of skills, equipment, characters, game modes, in short … A great variety of things. If there is something on the internet, you can download it and turn it into a weapon, an opponent, a playable character or even a skill, be creative.
Everything is automatically balanced, allowing your game to be one zone, but still completely playable and balanced. It is truly amazing how balance works.
If that’s not enough, the aesthetics are pretty nice. Items and abilities are displayed as cards (Magic style), your characters are “made” paper dolls (squares and so on) and enemies are like those dolls we see in traditional tabletop RPGs. It’s a style that may not appeal to everyone, but it’s still very well done and makes the game friendly to everyone. Finally, we highly recommend it to anyone who loves tabletop or tactical RPGs in general.
Features of Popup Dungeon:
- The framework that should effectively allow for the implementation of a wide variety of systems and settings
- Characters with distinct abilities and thematics, allowing for exploration of a variety of different teams
- Challenging and deep combat system
Minimum System Requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Open GL 3.2+ Compliant
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card